Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The best free picture-hanger-thingy-dink EVER!

This week, my house project has been my bedroom. I'm super excited with the progress! It's such a tiny master bedroom, and the updates have made it just a teeny bit roomier. My king-sized bed doesn't help in terms of floor space, so I ditched my nightstands in favor of a storage headboard and two bookshelves:



I. LOVE. IT. It looks sooo much better than I pictured in my head. There's a window behind those polkadot curtains, but unfortunately, the window wall was the only sensible place to put the bed, since all the vents are in really strange places on the floor. So... I don't get to use the window much :(

I also finally filled a previously clusterf*** mess of a wall with a gallery:



The polka dot and chevron frames and the mermaid came from Hobby Lobby all of the small photo frames were spray painted white, and the blue framed lace and shell piece in the middle were made at home:


For this one ^ I just took some off-white satiny fabric and stretched it over the cardboard backing that came with the frame, secured it with hot glue, and then repeated the process with some scrap lace. Spray painted the frame turquoise, and voila! Pretty little space filler for a gallery wall :)


This one is the same satiny fabric ^ with gold ribbon and a shell hot-glued in the center, in a white spray-painted frame.

For my gallery wall, I kind of winged it in terms of where things were going to go, but I have to share my greatest secret for getting things hung level and exactly where I wanted them. It's THIS:



This little dude is nothing more than a small screw through the end of a paint stir stick. All you do is hang a picture frame on the screw as you would if it were hanging on the wall already, hold it up to the wall, and when you decide where you want it, you press the stick against the wall, remove the frame, and give the screw a light whack with your hammer. Remove the stick and drive a nail or screw where the mark is on the wall, and hang your frame!

That's how I hung everything for this wall. Which I'm going to show one more time because I'm so excited about it. Ready? Ready for it?


BAM!

Hope this little stir-stick trick helps you out if you haven't already found an easy way to get things hung properly! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment