Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Unconditional?

I read some stories recently about some children who had terrible grandparents.

In one, the grandparents babysat, but refused to honor the parents' request that they NOT smoke around the baby or let the dogs run rampant with the baby laying around vulnerable. As a result, supposedly the grandparents disowned the child. In another, the grandparents of a five year-old girl were seen frequently in commercials advocating pet adoption, and the girl asked on a regular basis if they could get a dog so that the grandparents would come and visit the dog and she would get to see them.

I find this incredibly sad. Regardless of your relationship with your own children, your grandchildren have done nothing wrong and do not deserve to be treated in such a way. How on earth could you punish your  grandchild for ANY reason?

We are SO thrilled, and so fortunate, to have parents that are crazy about our babies. Both my parents and my husband's parents have been phenomenally supportive, loving, and generous in helping us care for our little ones, and spending time with them. I had wonderful grandparents myself, as did my husband, and I would want nothing less for our babies.

We love you, Mom, Dad, Karen and Dave! Thank you so much for all that you do for us, and for the boys. God has truly blessed us with a beautiful family, both immediate and extended.

No comments:

Post a Comment